Friday, February 25, 2005

Baker Names Kerry Wood Opening Day Starter

Baker Names Kerry Wood Opening Day Starter

Yes, this will be the way to start the season. I look forward to opening day this season. The game is against the Diamondbacks in Arizona. Kerry has 69 K's in the 53.2 innings pitched against them for his career. He is 4-3 lifetime against them with a 3.35 era.

I don't think I mentioned that I'm going to be at the first two spring training games this spring. My wife and I went in 1997 and saw a few games. That was before kids, now we have three kids. This is going to be a blast, maybe it will become a family traditions!

Has anyone heard that stupid rumor they are going to convert Kerry to a closer!? I was watching the news today and Kerry address it. He has no idea where the rumor started, but said it wasn't true.